Direct Benefit Transfer
A decision was taken by the Central Government to roll out Aadhar based Direct Benefit transfer system for providing benefits directly to the beneficiaries of identified schemes of the Government in 43 notified districts w.e.f 1st January,2013
2. The following schemes of this Ministry have been identified for rolling out Direct Benefit Transfer to beneficiaries in the identified Districts:-
- Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students
- Top Class Education Scholarship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
3. On the basis of directions given by this Ministry, the concerned States/UTs as well as implementing agencies have started disbursing the scholarships/fellowships directly into the Bank accounts of the beneficiaries in the identified districts (34 districts with ST population out of the 43 identified) in respect of the above schemes
4. It has since been decided to roll out Direct Benefit Transfer in the 2nd Phase to beneficiaries of the same schemes in 78 more districts w.e.f. 1.7.2013. Out of these, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs is concerned with 68 districts.Concerned States/UTs have been directed to take all necessary preparatory action for successful rollout in the identified schemes in the additionally identified districts also, w.e.f. 1.7.2013.